This subject has 2 items assigned...
Raleigh Market Lead Developer
Julie Gavaghan is a highly regarded real estate professional who brings significant experience in commercial, industrial, and residential development, as well as years of brokerage and property management experience to the Blue Heel team. She is the Lead Developer for the Blue Heel Raleigh Office, and also leads the Commercial Development efforts for the company.
Julie previously served as Chief Operating Officer of Keystone Corporation for 16 years. Julie was responsible for managing and coordinating the efforts of the entire Development and Construction Team, including design, construction, financing, property management and leasing. She has supervised the completion of +/- 2.1 million sf of Class “A” Office, Single-Story R&D, and Warehouse commercial properties and +/-1.3 million sf of residential developments in the Triangle area. Projects include Walden Creek in Apex, Keystone Crossings in Morrisville, Cary Park Town Homes, and Rustica in Durham.
Julie graduated Summa Cum Laude from North Carolina State University.
- “Young Entrepreneur of the Year” recognized by BTI and the Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- Licensed North Carolina General Contractor and Real Estate Broker
- Former Member, NCSU Chancellor’s Liaison, Member of the Chancellor’s Roundtable Committee, and Board Member for the Student Union’s Leadership Development series
- Member, Council for Entrepreneurial Development, the Board of Directors for the Entrepreneur Initiative at NCSU
- Member, Board of Directors for the Triangle Community Coalition
Charlotte Market Lead Developer
Matt Gallagher is a seasoned expert in residential development and new home construction with over fifteen years of real estate experience in the greater Charlotte area. Matt has worked on projects ranging from large master planned single family and townhome and condominium communities to traditional neighborhood developments with mixed use components. Matt has also found opportunities in the marketplace for strategic infill construction in high growth areas by planning small developments of 5-8 homes and townhomes.
Previously Matt worked for Gandy Communities managing their sales and marketing departments spearheading a team responsible for 15 neighborhoods in four counties, selling and managing the sale of over 1500 single family homes, townhomes and condominiums. With longevity in the marketplace Matt continues to build relationships to find new opportunities, creating value with entitlements and development, and in the sales and marketing of new homes and communities.
Matt has an undergraduate degree from Liberty University in Virginia and a MBA from University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Served on the Charlotte Metropolitan Transportation Committee’s Transit Funding Working Group, a select group of politicians, business professionals and community advocates that pursue creative and opportunistic funding methods to complete Charlotte’s entire network of rail transit
- Led a symposium on the benefits of transit oriented development in partnership with UNC Charlotte’s Master in Urban Design Studio focusing on how transit benefits the community in economics, community sustainability, and placemaking
- Licensed North Carolina real estate broker